Sunday, September 25, 2011

Finished!



Here it is! I actually finished these last night but had a hard time finding some time to take pictures and make a blog post all day today.. Busy busy :) I had bought these frames for my daughters room from Ikea before she was born knowing they would work perfectly with the idea I had in mind for the style of her nursery. I had actually picked out some art prints to go in these I had found on Etsy, but when I went into a scrapbook store around here I saw this paper and thought this would be perfect for her room and figured I should be able to try to make something suitable to be displayed in her room out of it. I am glad that I did because I am so happy with how they turned out! Not very often do I have an idea in my mind of a project and have it turn out better than expected.. hahaha.. Anyways I love it and am thrilled to finally have something up on her bare walls :)


Closeup

Although I don't remember for the life of me what this paper is called as I threw out the selvage before writing that down.. Oops.. Either way these three pictures were made using only a couple pieces of paper.. I had purchased three sheets but ended up using the third to basically punch and make some flowers. I also used a couple different stamp sets one of which was one of the "My Mind's Eye" brand stamp set.. LOVE this stamp set.. I am completely impressed with the detail and quality of these stamps! Clear stamps I tend to avoid if they are highly detailed as I find they smush and are harder to ink. These are fantastic and I will definitely be buying more sets from them in the future. Great price point too ;)


Closeup

Once again I used the Tim Holtz "Pumice Stone" Distress Ink" for around the edging.. Really LOVE this color.. Its great! I had used some of the "Milled Lavender" around the pink piece but wasn't digging the look of it so I went over it with the PS.. I'm not exactly sure what I will end up using the ML color on.. I had originally purchased it for this.. Not digging it so much right now.


Closeup

Well that's it! Had a fun time working on these I am actually considering making some up for the living room now too ;) Great project that I suggest you all try if your needing something somewhere on a bare wall in your house!

No comments:

Post a Comment