Sunday, September 18, 2011

Only the beginning..















First blog post! I am starting up this blog to share the little projects I do when I get the time to myself and actually feel like making or doing something productive. Those times are typically when my two littleuns are sleeping. My first littleun is almost 4yrs old and my second little is just over 2 months. So it is pretty safe to say it is pretty busy around here these days. None the less I have all these great ideas and finding time is the key.

One of these ideas I got to work on today was for my son. I had been loving all the pennants I have been seeing all over the place in craft land lately. I got the great idea to make one up for him to put on his bedroom door. I used my slice for all of the cutting and added a little distressing and it was good to go!


Here are the pieces cut out of the card stock which I used my slice to do..


Here is a shot of one of the triangles fully distressed..


All the pieces are now distressed! I used Tim Holts "Distress Ink" in "Pumice Stone".. Love this color! Applied it to the edges of all the pieces with a large sponge dabber.


I punched holes and then wrapped a piece of tape around my twine so I could thread it through the punches easier.. Then threaded it over and under so as not to take away from the design of the paper.


Here is a close up of the threaded twine..


Lastly a picture of it up on his door..


He was pretty excited when he woke up from his nap and saw it on his door which makes me smile every time I walk past it in the hallway. I had wanted it to look like I used nails to attach it to the door but didn't want to put physical holes in the door though.. So I came up with this idea to use a couple gold large brads and wrap the twine around them and then attach with adhesive dots to the door. I must have looked realistic since when my husband came upstairs from our basement made the comment of "You nailed it in with tacks"? *snicker* :)

Well that is all I have for now.. Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment